Frequently Asked Questions

1. I qualify for Classification 1 (Arrest), do I still have to submit documentation for income and residency?

Yes, all participants have to submit income and residency documentation. All participants must be low income and be a resident of the City of Sacramento for five consecutive years between 1980 and 2011.

2. Are you eligible for the program if you were arrested outside of Sacramento?

No. You are not eligible; in order to participate, you must have been arrested in Sacramento.

3. What is considered low-income?

Low income household means a household whose income does not exceed 80% of median income applicable to Sacramento County, adjusted for family size as published and annually updated by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development pursuant to section 8 of the United States Housing Act of 1937. (1 person = $46,850, 2 persons = $53,550, 3 persons = $60,250, 4 persons = $66,900, 5 persons = $72,300, 6 persons = $77,650, 7 persons = 83,000, and 8 persons = 88,350)

4. What is considered an immediate family member?

Immediate family member means a person in the first, second or third degree of lineal or collateral kinship as defined in chapter 13 of Part 1 of Division 1 of the California Probate Code.

Lineal.  For example, parent and child, grandchild and grandparent and great-grandchild and great-grandparent are related.

Collateral. For example, siblings, an aunt or uncle, and a niece or nephew are related.

5. What permits will be waived if eligible for program?  

The fees that will be waived are the Business Operating Permit (BOP) Fees. The initial fees and the first renewal fees will be waived. Conditional Use Permit (CUP) fees will not be waived. Both CUP and BOP applications will qualify for priority processing.

6. Can we get a general price breakdown of each Cannabis permit that the City issues?

Go to https://sacgreenequity.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/commercial-cannabis-process.fees_.pdf

7. Do I still have to be low-income, or only low-income during 1980 to 2011?

Not if you have lived in a low income household for both classifications 1 and 2 for 5 consecutive years between 1980-2011.

8. Do I have to submit tax records for everyone in my household?

Only the applicant must submit tax records.

9. What is priority processing?

The City will review and approve of cannabis related business operating permit (BOP) or conditional use permit (CUP) applications or renewals of CORE participants, if any, before any cannabis related business or conditional use application or renewal received by the City that would otherwise be processed on a first come, first served basis.

10. Is a hemp business eligible to participate in the program?

No only, cannabis businesses. The City does not regulate hemp, nor does it issue licenses for hemp businesses.

11. Is there a cap on delivery licenses?

There is a cap of 50 delivery licenses, but only in the Power Inn Alliance area. The cap will expire on October 1, 2019, and Council will get to decide whether to keep or lift the cap.

12. Is there a cap on any other type of license besides dispensary licenses?

Yes; cultivation and distribution in the Power Inn Alliance area are capped at 2.5 million square feet.